How to generate / create Gmail App Password
How to create Gmail App Password for web application setup
In this post, you will be learning how to generate Gmail App password where we will be using in applications and more.
An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a less secure app or device permission to access your Google Account. App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on.
Let's begin with creating the Gmail App Password:
1. Create a gmail account OR login with the gmail account.
2. Go to your Google Account.
3. Select Security Tab.
4. Move to "Signing in to Google,"
Setup the 2 Step Verification (You may need to sign in and verify your account).and make to ON
and then you will get an options for App Password as shown below.
select App Passwords. You may need to sign in.
5. At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using and then Select device and choose the device you’re using and then Generate.
On Select app: Select as Mail & on Select Device: Other (Custom Name) Eg: myWebsiteApplicationName.
6. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
Note: Copy your 16-Digital App Password and save it for your further use.
7. Tap Done.
You are all done.
Thanks for reading.
© Copyright - 2018 - 2023 | All rights reserved at Funda of Web IT